Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Parents...

Just a few stories from the start-up of this year's Elementary Instrumental Music Program.

1) Some students did not show up for the first day of class. I emailed each family to remind them to come, and that I hoped that their child was not sick (there's a rash of illness going around lately). Today I got an email from a parent that said they were happy to get my email because they weren't sure if their daughter was "in." I replied that, for future reference, for our program when you fill out an application, you are automatically "in." (Although, if one turns in an application very late, they may not automatically be "in.")

2) One student came to the first day of class yesterday and had not turned in his registration form ahead of time. He handed it to me and then wondered where his instrument was. Like we can read their minds? His mom took him to the district today asking about the instrument, and he will just have to be a little patient.

I am always glad once these kinds of things are straightened out and we can get down to the business of making music!

No comments:

Post a Comment