Friday, May 18, 2012

The End of the School Year

It's the end of the school year.  You can tell because of the concerts that pop up on the calendar.  I have discovered that student persistence wanes in May, so it's good to end on a high note.  On Wednesday we had our (3rd or 4th?) annual Vista Orchestra and Recorders Concert.  I really enjoy this one.  It lasts about 30 minutes, the MP room at Vista is standing room only, and the set-up is really easy.

This year we played 10 pieces, about 4 of them new arrangements for this year.  I am always pleased with how everything comes together, and I am always happy when it is over.

Two more concerts on the docket - the district strings concert and a recital for my private students.  Then it's summer (and time to think about composing in earnest).

No comments:

Post a Comment