Saturday, March 3, 2012

Music Technology in Education

I am strongly considering getting an iPad 3 when it comes out next week.  I realize that this is definitely a want and not a need.  At home I use my desktop iMac for Sibelius and other music-related fun, and my trusty MacBook goes to school with me to show short music videos to kids, put music and lyrics up on the screen, and run powerpoint games (Poison Melody, anyone?).  I also bring my laptop into my private studio so I can play accompaniment tracks for my beginning students.  (That makes some of the early "songs" sound much more interesting than they really are.)

So, in preparation for bringing home this new toy, I searched for "ipad music education apps" and came up with a blog which I have added to "music blogs of note" on the left side of this page.  It would appear that I have much to learn to see how to integrate new technologies into the classroom.

This could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment