In December, the Claremont Concert Orchestra will perform Beethoven's 5th Symphony. While I can play the music, getting better at the few tricky viola parts, we are working very hard in rehearsals on interpretation. Beethoven has written some very particular instructions with notation and dynamics and such, and our conductor keeps telling us that this is "not normal music." We are taking some very exciting tempos, and I now have a different idea in my mind about this symphony, as well-known as it is.
So today I thought I ought, maybe, to buy a good mp3 version of this work (my CD is not so great), and the ones I am finding in the iTunes store buy famous ensembles and famous conductors don't seem to have the fire in them that I am hearing in my head.
Anyone have a good recording they can recommend?
No comments:
Post a Comment