At school this year we have a new student who made herself known to me by talking and signing at me when I came to introduce the instrumental music program at the assembly a few weeks ago. I had to let her know that I don't know sign language. Today she showed up in the music room for general music and let it be known immediately that she needed to sit up front. Soon her sign language interpreter came into class and we were off and rolling. Turns out she wants to take violin class, so I made sure her teacher knew how to take care of that (and quickly). Also turns out that she has a cochlear implant, so I will soon find out how much she does hear.
She is not shy and appears to have a great deal of confidence. It will be quite interesting and I know I will probably learn more from her than she will from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment