Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pop Music for String Trios

Occasionally I play with a string trio for weddings. I enjoy the chance to play chamber music at such a happy occasion. It's always interesting what people want played at their wedding. Our cellist is always happy not to play the boring Pachelbel Canon (which I don't mind), and I'm always happy not to play the wedding march by Wagner (ugh). The last wedding I played I arranged One Hand, One Heart by Bernstein from West Side Story to be played while the couple mingled water together. That was lovely.

For an upcoming wedding (soon), I just found out that the bride wants three pop tunes. I've looked all over the internet to find string trios of Beatles, etc., but probably because of copyright issues, none are sold. I've seen some string quartets advertise a list of pieces they play, some Beatles, but they must do their own arrangements.

So, I have my job cut out for me. I will start to arrange various songs for string trio. Then perhaps I need a page on my website listing all the songs our trio will do. In my copious spare time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment