With vacation almost over, I am starting to think about students again. Today I started arranging a piece for Vista Orchestra based on the Hungarian Folk Song from the Carol Roberts DVD. We might want to use the melody for the May concert with the beginners, and this would be a good way to introduce it to the Vista beginners. I love the dorian mode!
I also did some serious lesson planning for the 1st-3rd graders which will take me through the end of January. I like to plan out chunks of a month at a time to see where I’m going.
Maybe tomorrow I will get back to my motific melody.
Yesterday I met Sarah Wallin Huff. She not only teaches violin at the Claremont Community School of Music, but also just finished her master’s degree in music composition from CGU. She gave me two of her CDs of music and we are getting together on Friday to talk composition. I am stoked!
No comments:
Post a Comment